- Product Details
The Revolutionary Invention: Produced by the patent technology of the cam system of independently balancing the load, TOTEM has the best grabbing force, which makes it the superior spring-loaded camming device with all cam properties that you need.
• As for this patent design, all the four cams can independently bear the load in balance and have the maximum friction force after being placed properly,
which solves the problem probably occurring to the traditional cams, like incapability to touch the rock effectively or bearing unbalanced force.
• The particularly large scope of adaptability (1.64:1) helps you handle your setting more freely.
• With the slot processed diagonally, the cam has increased friction force and is thus more difficult to move.
• Only three cams or even two cams can bear the load independently.
• Made of steel wire ropes, it’s very pliable and tough and can be twisted easily, which plays a decisive role in climbing in complex areas.
• With a powerful spring, the cam can fully extend itself after being placed so as to stay against the rock and it will not shift slowly because of
the shake of the rope or other factors.
• The built-in spring makes the head of the cam smaller.
• The cam is made of 7075-T6 high-intensity aluminum and through CNC digital control technology.
• No anodic oxidation treatment is applied to the cam (namely no coloring) and thus allows the cam to produce stronger friction force.
Anodic oxidation will change the surface hardness of the aluminum alloys and as a result it’s not easy for the cam to "penetrate" into the rock under the force,
but instead likely to slip.
• High-intensity Dyneema slings are adopted.
• It is easy to be handled even with gloves.
• The size number is represented by the crack width (cm) for optimal setting for each cam, i.e. the value obtained when the extension scope of
the cam is about 33%. Therefore the size number shows the application condition more clearly.
• There are five sizes available. Each size has a particular color, so it’s convenient for quick selection when using the cam.
• US Patent 7,014,156
• Made in Spain